* Sohail Ahmed Siddiqui has been translating from French, English, Persian and Sindhi into Urdu, since 1980s.
* Sohail Ahmed Siddiqui has also rendered literary translations from these languages into Urdu.
* Sohail Ahmed Siddiqui has got the privilege of translating Urdu literary pieces into French and English, including several Haiku of various poets, from Indo-Pak. In this connection, he introduced Urdu Haiku of Iqbal Haider to the West, through French translation.
* Sohail had rendered Urdu translation of two Persian theses for monthly Qaumi Zaban.
* He had introduced several Western literary pieces into Urdu, especially folk literature of Native Americans, so-called Red Indians, erroneously.
* He worked with M/s. Aawan Academy, for one year as Translator-cum-Ghost-writer. Had compiled 3 books on different topics in Urdu, in this capacity.
* He had rendered English translation of Urdu Haiku anthology of Jamal Naqvi, in the name, ‘Songs from the Land of Rising Sun’ (published on 1st January 2000)
* He is the editor/translator of www.searchhadith.com (English version) & www.alkhidmathospital.com, besides creating few more Sites/Web-pages, with his content/Creative writing.
* He had provided the Urdu translation for the whole terminology of a website: www.gawab.com
* In 2012, he had worked as Translator with Radio Pakistan news section, briefly.
* Besides other editorial duties, he has also translated a few Sindhi Press-releases into English for liverostrum.com
* Being the Chief Editor, Live Rostrum News Agency, he has not only supervised the compiling, editing and translating Reforms Package for Pakistan by Declarant Mirza Shahnawaz Agha, but, has also rendered translations at several points.
Translations of Sohail's Poetry
* Dr. Angelee Deodhar, an internationally acclaimed Haiku scholar and a poetess from India, has translated few of his Urdu Haiku into English and is eager to render the translation of entire anthology.
* Zhanna P. Rader, a US-based Russian poetess has translated a few of Sohails English Haiku into Russian.
* Other translators are Professor Syed Mashhood Hassan Rizvi (English), Arif Mansoor (Sraiki), Mir Sagar (Balochi) and Shahzad Niaz (Japanese).
Urdu Haiku of Sohail Ahmed Siddiqui tr. by Dr. Angelee Deodhar
1. Khilti kaliyon may
tujh ko aksar dhoonda hai
komal chehron may
Budding blossoms -
I have often searched for you
in tender faces
2. Dil bhi kaisa hai
khwaishon ke dariya pi kar
bilkul pyasa hai
What sort of heart is this
Which drunk on oceans of longing
is still thirsty
3. Soye Qabron may
muddat se jo rehtay thay
har dum khabron may
Asleep in graves
are those who always remained
in the news
4. Mausam ki ho baat
ek kahani kehti hai
shabnam sari raat
If it's a talk of seasons
A story is told
by the dew ,all night long
5. Qismat se mat bhag
phool milay ya kaante hon
apne apne bhag
Don't run from Fate
whether there are flowers or thorns
in each one's lot